The Scholarship Endowment Fund of The Tuckahoe Woman's Club was established in 1996 as a 501(c)3 organization to provide scholarships to area high school students as grants for undergraduate college work. An eligible student must demonstrate outstanding academic work, financial need, and strong participation in school activities and community service. Funding for the Scholarship Endowment Fund comes from the activities of the Club's members, such as the Annual Art Exhibition and proceeds from weekly book sales. It is also supported by donations from members and bequests and memorials in honor of family, members and friends. Donations to the Scholarship Endowment Fund are tax deductible.
Applications are available from guidance counselors at area high schools. 2020 Applications are due to The Tuckahoe Woman's Club by Wednesday, February 20, 2020.
2019 Scholarship Recipients
- Ms. Cosette O. Bell-Ferguson, Thomas Jefferson High School
- Ms. Rachel W. Dishman, Clover Hill High School
- Ms. Mya R. Fife, Thomas Jefferson High School
- Miss Jade S. Smith, John Marshall High School
- Ms. Alexis C. Stokes, John Marshall High School