The Scholarship Endowment Fund of The Tuckahoe Woman's Club was established in 1996 as a 501(c)3 organization to provide scholarships to area high school students as grants for undergraduate college work. An eligible student must demonstrate outstanding academic work, financial need, and strong participation in school activities and community service. Funding for the Scholarship Endowment Fund comes from the activities of the Club's members, such as the Annual Art Exhibition and proceeds from weekly book sales. It is also supported by donations from members and bequests and memorials in honor of family, members and friends. Donations to the Scholarship Endowment Fund are tax deductible.
Applications are available from guidance counselors at area high schools.
2018 Scholarship Recipients:
- Madeline Ellis, Varina High School
- Kimberly Embe-Mamong, Monacan High School
- Kenneth Harbula, Midlothian High School
- Dakota Jennings, J.R. Tucker High School
- Cameron Watson, Thomas Jefferson High School