How to Join
Joining The Tuckahoe Woman’s Club is easy! Candidates for membership must be at least 21 years old. Applications are due by the first Wednesday in November, January, and March. The next new member application deadline is November 1, 2023.
Requirements for Membership
Legacy applicant requirements
- A member who has held active membership for at least one year may present a legacy application to the Board of Governors for the membership of a daughter, granddaughter, daughter-in-law, or step-daughter; or a mother, grandmother, mother-in-law, or step-mother; or sister, half-sister, sister-in-law, or step-sister of a member.
- Candidate must be at least 21 years old
- No sponsors or endorsers are required
- Complete legacy application online
Active applicant requirements
- Be a resident within 50 miles of the Richmond city limits for one year, including prior residence, at the time of application
- Have a main sponsor and two co-sponsors who you have known for at least one year who will propose you for membership
- Be introduced to three members of the current Board of Governors
- Complete and submit application online
- After submitting your application, ask your main sponsor and co-sponsors to fill out the online sponsor form
Main sponsor and co-sponsor requirements
To be a main sponsor or co-sponsor, the member must:
- Have been a member of The Club for one year at the time of sponsoring
- Have known the candidate for at least one year at the time of sponsoring
- Be an active member
- Submit one letter of recommendation for the candidate to accompany the application. The letter may be written by the main sponsor or one of the two co-sponsors. The letter should describe the candidate’s background and explain the special qualifications she will contribute to The Club. A sample letter of recommendation can be found here.
- Introduce the candidate to at least three members of the current Board of Governors who are identified by nametags during coffee hours
- Membership applications are voted on and approved by the Board of Governors in November, January, and March
- Admitted members will be notified with a welcome letter from the Membership Chairman
- A list of admitted members will be published in the Tuckahoe Flyer, TTWC’s weekly newsletter
- New members are invited to a coffee at The Club with the Membership Chairman and her committee the month after acceptance
Members elected during the 2022 – 2023 club year are invited to a welcome New Members' Wine and Cheese Reception in September 2023.